Cassidy has been busy this month. She is not only winding up the school year, but her elementary school career! She is off to Jr High next fall. Cassidys class had a fun opportunity to write and perform their own opera this year. They worked with someone from the Childrens Opera Society ( or something like that) of Utah. (Michael Ballam works there for anyone interested ;) ) They spent the year writing their story, writing their own lyrics, setting it to their original music, painting backdrops, and making costumes. They set their opera in feudal Japan, and Cassidy played a merchant. The finished opera was quite good!
Cassidy also graduated from elementary school last night, but I forgot the camera. :( Regardless-- with pictures, or without, she is growing up into a fantastic young lady! We couldnt be more proud. Congrats Cassidy!
Can you tell me what the opera was about? Congratulations on going into Middle School. I'm going to Middle School this year, too! Middle School for us(over here) starts in the sixth grade and ends in eighth.We have two electives:Band or Exploratory(Computer,Drama, and P.E.We rotate twice through the year during all three classes)I chose Band... I'm going to play the French Horn. Which would you choose? Congrats Again, Gabrielle. P.S. Your turn to write! :)
ReplyDelete