Every year around late July I complain that I'm not going to get any tomatoes this year. By September I realize my mistake. We had a frost come through, so I went ahead and picked every tomato out there the other day. In retrospect, I should've just covered the plants and let them stay on the vine longer. It hasn't frosted again since. I have buckets and buckets of lovely tomatoes in my kitchen though. The green ones will ripen slowly and keep me busy for quite some time!
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Bountiful Tomato Harvest
Every year around late July I complain that I'm not going to get any tomatoes this year. By September I realize my mistake. We had a frost come through, so I went ahead and picked every tomato out there the other day. In retrospect, I should've just covered the plants and let them stay on the vine longer. It hasn't frosted again since. I have buckets and buckets of lovely tomatoes in my kitchen though. The green ones will ripen slowly and keep me busy for quite some time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Um...yeah.
ReplyDeleteThree bushes and only one tomato...that rotted on the vine.
Show off.
;)