Years ago, Kathleen, Bethany, and I established a tradition of spending a long weekend once a year together. The orginal premise was to finish any projects we hadn't gotten done in the last few months. It didn't take long for that to be pushed to the wayside. These days we just CALL it craft weekend-- but what we really do is party, eat junk food, and laugh till late at night. When Mom and Jana moved down here as well, they were added to the party. This year Bethany had a newborn (Welcome to the family Lincoln!!!) so we decided to hold it at her house in Colorado, rather than making her travel. We had a blast! Highlights of the trip were painting Emmalines room, and taking a beautiful walk around a nature preserve thingy near Bethanys house.
Dwight did a great job taking care of kids and household while I was gone. There were several instances of bodily fluids- but he conquered and reigned supreme. I'm pretty sure frozen pizza and unlimited cartoons reigned supreme as well. ;) Till next year ladies!
Hooray for craft weekend!
ReplyDelete